Why Businesses Should Care About Facebook Messenger Marketing 😍
A report from BI Intelligence revealed that there are more monthly active users on the top four messaging apps (Messenger, WhatsApp, WeChat, and Viber) combined than there are on the top four social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn).
If there’s one thing all business owners can agree on, it’s that you have to approach your customers in the places where they’re already hanging out.
If your customers are sports-loving guys who watch ESPN and the NFL Channel 🏀🏈⚾⚽, you wouldn’t advertise to them on HGTV 🏠 and Lifetime 👩❤💋👩, would you?
Of course not.
You’d put your ads on sports networks where your target market will see them.
And that, in a nutshell, is why Messenger Marketing is set to become the world’s single biggest marketing channel in the next 5-7 years.
📣 Messaging Apps Have Surpassed Social Networks💥
This demand is hardcoded into messaging because it’s the most personal channel and requires an explicit opt-in. In our personal lives, someone who messages us is someone who wants to connect. This same concept is true in marketing. Someone who opts in to messaging is asking to hear more from the brand. The marketing resonates.
Marketers want what messaging has: user’s attention. 💣💣Every mobile phone owner will find that a personal message ping from his or her mobile phone 📱is the strongest trigger in the world. It demands attention. Take note at the next team meeting. If a phone rings, it’s silenced immediately. If a message ping goes off, everyone checks their phones. 📱🙌
Messenger Marketing – noun – the act of leveraging mobile, chat platforms to facilitate conversations and commerce with prospects and customers.
There’s no denying the fact that we’re moving away from emails, SMS and phone calls. More and more we’re using mobile-friendly messenger apps like Facebook Messenger, iMessage, WhatsApp and Telegram to keep in touch with friends, family, and even businesses.
It’s the quickest, easiest, and most convenient way to reach someone.
Is it any wonder, then, why Facebook Messenger Marketing is the most exciting new marketing channel to come by in a long, long time?
What Is Messenger Marketing? ❓❓
Messenger marketing is a new and increasingly popular way to communicate with prospects, leads, and customers.
As a marketing channel it boasts better engagement than any other channel out there, including…
- Direct mail
- Social media
- Push notifications
…you name it. 🔥 🌟⚡
So what does that mean? Very simply, it means when you send your customers a message on Facebook Messenger, more people will open, read, and interact with your messages. 😀 👍
And those messages can either be live (say, a real-time conversation between a customer service rep and a customer), or they can be automated using a conversational auto responder series. But unlike email, which has come to feel like work for most people, Facebook messages are quick & easy to respond to.
As a result, they get sky-high open and click-through rates.
✅ Messages have open rates greater than
✅ 90% and response rates to match!
✅ If it sounds a little bit like SMS marketing, you’re on the right track.
However, with Messenger Marketing, you can do a lot of things you can’t with SMS, like sending beautiful messages that come complete with clickable call-to-action (CTA) buttons, GIFs, galleries, and more. 👌🔥👏😁
Basically, Messenger Marketing combines the instant delivery & attention of SMS with the attractiveness and automation power of email.
Messenger also feels more personal than email, but less invasive than SMS—striking the perfect balance for businesses looking to communicate with customers.
What Can You Do With Messenger Marketing?
The beauty of Messenger Marketing is that you can still do all the stuff you’re used to doing in your marketing efforts…
…it just makes everything easier and more effective.
When someone sends you a message they’ll be automatically added to your messenger subscriber list. From there you can add them to your email list and continue to follow up with them via email.
You can send them content, sell them products, ask for feedback, and more—all within the native messenger app.
The ability to add clickable call-to-action buttons in messenger gives you the freedom to customize messenger marketing for any business.
Of course, you’re already able to do all of this through email. But email feels cold and impersonal, and even the best email marketing departments in the world still get open rates under 30%. ⬇ 😧
In contrast, Facebook messages provide your customers with the personal, one-on-one interactions they want, with open rates currently hovering around 90%.⬆ And if they have a question, all they have to do is reply to your message—and someone from your company will be able to respond instantly.
And that’s what’s so great about Facebook Messenger Marketing. It gives you all the automation you could want, but in a way that’s also private and personal. As a result it provides less friction for the end user, helping you to develop a deeper relationship with your customers.
To sum up: You Can Get 10-80x Better Engagement vs. Email or Social Media on AUTOPILOT! 👍
- Facebook Messenger marketing has the best engagement rate for any marketing channel right now.
- If you think about email marketing, you know you’re doing well if you can get an open rate of between 5 and 10 percent because of aggressive spam filters. 💤 On social media, organic post reach is now typically between 0 and 1 percent.
- On the other hand, Facebook Messenger boasts open rates of 70-90 percent within the first hour! 🎉
- By using Facebook Automated Messaging Systems businesses now have the power to automatically engage with customers.
- This makes the Facebook Messenger a perfect channel to connect, nurture, and convert for subscriptions, customers and ecommerce!
Message Blasting 📢
- Once you have implemented your Facebook Automated Messenger System, you can message-blast anyone who messages your Facebook page, as well as gather their contact information.
- You can send immediate Messenger blasts or schedule a Messenger drip campaign based on trigger rules.
‘Send to Messenger’ Facebook Ads = ⬆ Higher Conversion Rate!
- ‘Send to Messenger’ is a new and substantially valuable ad format that allows users to engage with you and opt-in for messaging.
- Marketers primarily use Traffic and Engagements as objectives for their Facebook Ads campaigns. However, presently bidding for Facebook message ad inventory is much lower, as well as the corresponding ad rates.
- Messenger ads provide higher conversion rates because as soon as a user clicks a call to action ad link they are an immediate subscriber! Compare this to a traditional landing page where 90–95% website visitors leave the website.
- Using this Facebook messaging system allows you to follow-up with everyone even if they don’t send you their phone number or email.
GROW your CONVERSIONS with Messenger Marketing! 💵
Make no mistake: Facebook Messenger Marketing is going to be a huge marketing channel for everyone—consultants, ecommerce companies, hospitality industry, brick & mortar stores, public figures and celebrities, event organizers, and more—for the foreseeable future.
Everyone can benefit from integrating Facebook Messenger into their marketing strategy. And given how fast Messenger Marketing is growing, the sooner the better.
⚠ Just think—if you could go back in time 10 years and begin investing in email marketing and building a list of email subscribers BEFORE email became overly saturated the way it is today…how valuable would that have been to you over the past decade?
Well, that time for Messenger Marketing is NOW! 👊
If you don’t want to avoid missing biggest marketing opportunity on the horizon, then let’s have a conversation – we can help you with build and engage your audience with a custom designed Facebook Automatic Messenger System (FAMS)